Click on the arrow to watch a short video about us.
30 years of community connections
Welcome to Warrandyte Neighbourhood House. We are locally based not for profit, working to strengthen and support community connections.
We offer a variety of low cost courses, clubs, workshops and talks in supportive and friendly surroundings. Our activites are varied, examples include; workskills coures, i.e. career planning, bookkeeping, fitness classes, playgroups, arts classes, Social activities, i.e. Film Soc, Trippers, Walking Club.
We have been operating in Warrandyte for 30years. We are run by a volunteer committee of management and a small number of part time staff. Professional tutors run our courses whilst our clubs are often run by volunteers.
“Connecting you to your community”
Warrandyte Neighbourhood House is a vital community hub, providing an environment where people in the community can connect. We foster relationships in our local area, by encouraging individuals and groups to come together for learning and play, in welcoming, supportive and friendly surroundings.
The purposes of the association are
· The House is a not for profit association which provides a range of services developed from the expressed needs of our diverse community. The services will continue to reflect these needs as they change over time.
· To promote community connection
· To provide opportunities for education in its broadest sense
· To provide opportunities for individuals and the community to improve their health and well being
· To provide opportunities for the Warrandyte community to connect to the global community